Thursday, February 21, 2008

From The Fire: Part 1

Brian Eno and John Cale, Wrong Side Up
B000002LNB.01.LZZZZZZZ

So, me and some folks I work with found two full boxes of smelly, ash filled, smoke damaged CDs on the WB lot yesterday. It turns out that once you ditch the cases and wipe off the discs, not only are they perfectly fine, but there's a lot of great albums in there! So I'm starting this little series and I'll update it as I absorb this new found music.

Today's installment is the 1990 album from art rock figureheads Brian Eno and John Cale, Wrong Side Up. I've had it on repeat all morning and I don't think I'm going to break that cycle anytime soon. This album lives up to the promise of the two names on the cover and I HIGHLY recommend picking it up, ideally in a box of scorched CDs. Here's the link!

For your listening pleasure, here's the first two songs off the album, they'll win you over immediately.



No comments: